With the ever increasing risks of the malware threats that are affecting the cyber security of many global countries of the world, it is really important for the countries that fall in the continent of Asia, to learn to protect their devices from the malicious effects of the virus, especially the newly popped-up ransomware like WannaCry or Petya.
Since Asia is the home of third world countries; the economic sectors of these countries are extremely vulnerable to the threat of viruses. If any sector is paralyzed or affected by the malicious interference of the viruses, the result can be disastrous for the economy. Implementing the proper means of cyber security can actually help in the growth and development of a country’s economy up to a great extent.
Imagine how it will affect you if your device gets hacked by a malicious external program, uprooting of which can cost you a good amount of fortune and creating a big hole in your pocket. Sound scary, right? Well, it is, and imagine, how the same thing, on a bigger scale can affect the economy of a whole Asian country.
The countries will take a lot of time to mend the hole. Therefore, you can jolly well understand the need for a proper cyber security platform to protect the data on the devices and refrain them from getting on the hand of unethical hackers, who might eventually turn up to be working with your venture competitors. Below are certain aspects through which you can easily create a well-structured cyber security platform to secure the data on the devices. Dig in to know more:
- Always make sure that the firewall is turned on while you are working on your computing devices like desktops, laptops, mobile phones and tablets. Also disable all the unimportant applications which may or may not be included in the firewall package.
- Do not allow any external links to enter your computer’s internal structure, because most of them are malwares that hamper the entire working system of the device. Some of them even create a smooth path for the unknown viruses to enter the devices without even notifying the user.
- Never rely upon a single source of protection, which are offered by the OS manufacturing companies in the form of in-built protection servers which control the device’s communication with the internet.
- Quit using the free packet-filtering services from the providers of the internet services. The packet-filters have the feature of layering the in-built firewall protection and hampering it to a great extent.
- Try to record the IP addresses of the source of the links from which they are being broadcasted.
- Never allow for a clear text authentication of the passwords.
- When you are to download anything from the internet, safeguard your computer by turning on the essential tools that can secure your device against any inappropriate code or material.